Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Laser Hair Removal in Cebu

It's been more than 3 years since I had my last laser hair removal session. My first session being approximately 4.5 years ago. Today I'm still 98% hair free in the armpits and 70% hair free in the upper lip area. In all, it was money well spent. I'm glad I went ahead with it despite a long deliberation process. Bottom line for my concern was the possibility of getting burned, especially for the upper lip since my face could be compromised.

I tried three laser hair removal places in the entirety of my quest to being hair-free. And here they are in order of services availed:

1. Care and Cure Hub, Ayala Center Cebu Basement 2

Area: Armpits

Pros: Dermatologist-handled, very competent dermatologist that explains the process well, armpit whitening (consequence of laser)

Cons:
- After six sessions, I lost only about 40% of my hair. Granted I had thick hair, it was still a disappointing result.
- The cost was expensive, although admittedly reasonable compared to other dermatologists, at P10,000 for the package.

2. Skin Zone, i2 Bldg Cebu IT Park, Lahug

Area: Upper lip

Pros: Dermatologist-handled

Cons:
- After 3 sessions, I hardly saw any results. I also did not like the strong burning smell I inhaled when I did my sessions. I dropped out of my 5 session package because of these two reasons.
- The cost was approximately P6-7k for the set.
- I am not saying Skin Zone had a defective product. Perhaps it takes more time for my coarse hair to see effects. And since the upper lip is directly under the nose, it makes sense that the smell would be jarring. At the end of the day I was just uncomfortable.


3. Skinstation, 3rd floor SM City Cebu

Area: Upper lip and Armpits

Pros:
- Cost. They have packages that are very attractive, especially if you chance upon the 1 year unlimited session ones. My underarm package was P7,000 and my upper lip package was P5,000, both unlimited for a year. In case you miss a promo, getting a membership will allow you to access past promos.
- The machine they use is the most gentle I've experienced of the three. I don't fear getting burned because of the explanation on the technology it uses (top of the line). There was less burning smells and pain with this machine as well.
- Nationwide locations. I bought my promo in Cebu but availed of the last 4 sessions in Timog in Manila. It was easy and hassle-free.

Cons:
- Technician-handled


I am almost due for a touch-up on the upper lip as I'm already getting regular threading there. And when I do, I might as well do a maintenance session on my armpits. I hope Skinstation opens in Ayala! If not, I'll be braving the harrowing trip (Mandaue chaos) to SM to get this done.

Laser removal was my best beauty-related decision so far. For those thinking about it, do some research on where you want it done. And when you're satisfied with credentials and technology used, go for it :)