Friday, May 6, 2011

The Postmistress by Sarah Blake

The Postmistress

This is the book I'm reading now. My initial reactions to reading the synopsis for this book made me really unsure about it. It was set around the time of the second world war and needless to say I'm not a big fan of this era. But National Bookstore Cebu was having a 20% on all their bestsellers and I had to buy something! And this book was less than P300 so I was lured once again.

I read a few pages during dinner. It was around eight when I finished malling, so I grabbed a bite to eat before going home. I couldn't put it down. And I was laughing by myself reading! I couldn't help it. The opening scene was HILARIOUS. I'm sure you've never read anything like what this lady was doing at the doctor's office.

Anyway, I was sidetracked by work all week. Hopefully I can resume reading this weekend.